I know I'm in my own little world, but it's OK.
They know me here...

Translate

Saturday, August 24, 2013

CONFERENCE TIME: Memorable Moments with...Sasha Cottman

Conference season has started! Woohoo! No more counting down the days until I meet up with friends I usually only see once a year.

So much gets packed into 3-4 days and everyone's experiences are different. We go away with a variety of highlights or "a-ha" moments.

I thought I'd poll some of my RWAustralia & RWNew Zealand friends and ask them to recall their most memorable moments of the conferences they've been to.

I hope you've been enjoying the snippets I've been featuring. For any first timers out there, don't be nervous or afraid of going to conference. More often than not you're going to find yourself welcomed VERY warmly and will probably go away with a host of friends whom you can't wait to meet next year at conference.

Enjoy!


Sasha's Memories: My aha moment was at the Melbourne conference 2011, when the workshop guest, Bob Mayer mentioned that your first manuscript was for learning and you should put it away and forget about it.

The Hilton Ballroom - attendees in a workshop

I had struggled with my first attempt at a novel for over two years. Sitting in the middle of the Hilton ballroom, I made the decision to put my manuscript aside and start a new story.

The following week I began the manuscript for Letter from a Rake which is now about to be released by Destiny Romance.


No comments:

Post a Comment