I know I'm in my own little world, but it's OK.
They know me here...

Translate

Saturday, August 17, 2013

CONFERENCE TIME: Memorable Moments with...Anna Jacobs

Conference season has started! Woohoo! No more counting down the days until I meet up with friends I usually only see once a year.

So much gets packed into 3-4 days and everyone's experiences are different. We go away with a variety of highlights or "a-ha" moments.

I thought I'd poll some of my RWAustralia & RW New Zealand friends and ask them to recall their most memorable moments of the conferences they've been to.

I hope you've been enjoying the snippets I've been featuring. For any first timers out there, don't be nervous or afraid of going to conference. More often than not you're going to find yourself welcomed VERY warmly and will probably go away with a host of friends whom you can't wait to meet next year at conference.

Short & sweet this week - enjoy!


Anna's Memories: Kylie, my most memorable moment from a conference is someone peering closely at my hair and saying in surprise, ‘You don’t colour your hair, do you?’ Just because I’m older, I suppose.

Anna Jacobs
I come from a baby-faced family and my father’s hair was still ‘salt and pepper’ when he died at 87.

The comment wasn’t meant at all nastily, I hasten to add. I think the person was just surprised. I’ve never met a nasty person at a conference.


No comments:

Post a Comment