I know I'm in my own little world, but it's OK.
They know me here...

Translate

Saturday, August 3, 2013

CONFERENCE TIME: Memorable Moments with...Erin Kuhne

Conference season has started! Woohoo! No more counting down the days until I meet up with friends I usually only see once a year.

So much gets packed into 3-4 days and everyone's experiences are different. We go away with a variety of highlights or "a-ha" moments.

I thought I'd poll some of my RWAustralia & RW New Zealand friends and ask them to recall their most memorable moments of the conferences they've been to.

I hope you've been enjoying the snippets I've been featuring. For any first timers out there, don't be nervous or afraid of going to conference. More often than not you're going to find yourself welcomed VERY warmly and will probably go away with a host of friends whom you can't wait to meet next year at conference.

Enjoy!


Erin's Memories: My memoral moment would have to be at my very first conference in Brisbane, five years ago.

As a newbie I felt a little lost until Kylie Griffin took me under her wing, showed me the ropes and introduced me to other RWA members. She also invited me to sit at a table with a group of lovely women who smiled warmly at me and included me in their conversations.

Bec McMaster, Dakota Harrison, Nicky Strickland-Cavalchini, Erin Kuhne, Kylie Griffin
It wasn't long before I discovered I was sitting at a table of hugely successful authors I had only ever heard of. I was in awe of these ladies who were so down to earth, friendly and encouraging.

Nowadays when I come across these ladies at conferences, I'm not so much in awe as just plain delighted to see and speak with them again.


No comments:

Post a Comment