I know I'm in my own little world, but it's OK.
They know me here...

Translate

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Saturday Seven! (Iron Kin)

It's Saturday Seven!

IRON KIN by M.J.Scott is the third in her Half-Lght City series. M.J. calls it a gaslight fantasy series - a combination of alternate earth, fantasy and paranormal romance. Fantastic world-building and engaging characters and it's written in the first person narrative for both the hero and heroine.

Fen is a Fae-Beast-human hybrid prone to crippling visions and it's only the iron bracelet he wears that helps him keep control of them and stop him from going insane. Until he discovers Saskia, a human metalmage, and her touch blocks them as effectively as any barrier. Saskia and Fen are aware of their attraction to one another and circumstances bring them together until the sparks fly!

This is in Saskia's point of view...
"Oh, be quiet. I have just as much reason to be upset with Simon and the rest of them as you do. If not more. Come and sit down." I patted the velvet chair next to mine, trying to coax him like I did Hannah when she was in one of her moods.
He waited along moment, then obeyed. But not before he picked up a shirt from another chair as he passed and dropped it over his head, hiding all that expanse of muscle and chest from my view. I tried to ignore the part of me that wanted to protest. I was here to help him. Nothing more. This was about ease and comfort. Nothing different from the touches we'd already shared.
But once he'd lowered his long, lean form into the chair, I hesitated, not entirely sure where to put my hands. Should I take one o f his? Or lay my hands on his head? Simon would do the latter, I thought, but whatever it was that let me do this for Fen, it wasn't healer power.
"What's wrong?" he asked, tilting his head back to look up at me, eyes half closed against the light. He looked like a big, black cat, half languid ease and half coiled power.
He looked...tempting.
I was determined not to be tempted. "Nothing."
IRON KIN
Imagine a city divided. Fae and human mages on one side, vampire Blood Lords and shape-shifting Beast Kind on the other. Between these supernatural forces stands a peace treaty that threatens to shatter at the slightest provocation….
I was raised to do the right thing. But to my family that means staying safe behind the walls of human society. To be a respectable metalmage and never put myself at risk. But the treaty is faltering. And if it fails, nothing is safe. To help save the city and everyone I care about, I will use whatever means I can to ensure the negotiations to renew the treaty are successful—even if that means forging an alliance with a man who is the very opposite of the right thing….
Fen is trouble. Wild. He would rather bind himself in iron and drink himself into oblivion than learn to master the visions that come to him. Those visions might just hold the key to peace, and it seems that my power might hold the key to his control—if I can keep it around him….

No comments:

Post a Comment