I know I'm in my own little world, but it's OK.
They know me here...

Translate

Thursday, September 20, 2012

SERIES: Ellora's Cave author - Virginia Cavanaugh

I've run series on science fiction romance and DownUnder paranormal romance, and the wonderful authors who've been my guests have provided fascinating insights into the genres. They've also given us some great titles to add to our To be Read piles.

So I thought it might be fun to feature another genre I enjoy reading - paranormal erotic romance. Or more specifically, authors who write paranormal erotic romance for Ellora's Cave. :-)

Please welcome my latest guest...Virginia Cavanaugh.

Virginia Cavanaugh is a multi-published author of erotic romance. Her work covers many sub-genres as new characters present themselves to her every day. After working for years as a nurse in pediatrics, her love of the alpha hero sparked her desire to bring her own stories to life.

When not playing house wife, mother, maid, laundress, taxi driver, or just general all around slave, she enjoys finding a quiet corner to read or work on her next story.

Virginia loves to hear from readers.  You can email her at authorvirginiacavanaugh@gmail.com

Title: THE FIRE INSIDE
Publisher: Ellora's Cave

What do you think the readers will like about this book/series?

I think it is a good blend of humor, action, and sensual moments.

THE FIRE INSIDE

Werewolves be damned. Tyra Smith had chosen to leave behind her very own nature to protect her heart after the heart wrenching loss of her own pack. She wanted nothing to do with another wolf. Never again wanted to feel the deep pain of loss. At least until a sexy as sin wolf named Konrad showed up, saving her from the roaming paws of another wolf.

The sparks of lust ignited a desire that burned with hellish intensity inside her, making her crave something she’d dared to forsake. The ability to resist waned. Was it a true mate bond that pulled her to him or just the heat cycle she was entering? Something only time could tell.

When a real threat from another pack presents itself, Tyra must move into Konrad’s den for her physical protection. But as things continue to heat between the two of them, would he also be able to protect her heart?

What themes or tropes appear in your books?
Werewolves blending into society, as well as external pack tension and fights.

What is the single, most important thing about writing for you?
Telling the story. I enjoy sharing worlds and characters with others.

What new project are you working on now?
Currently I am working on another werewolf story that will be a part of a multi author, paranormal series for Ellora’s Cave. All the stories will have a paranormal element and be based in the same castle turned hotel. I’m one of the few authors that put the proposal packet together, so I’ve seen all the synopsis’ that the authors sent in, and I can’t wait to see these stories once they are done.

How do you balance writing, family and other commitments?
I’m lucky in that all my children are in school. I write while they are gone during the day. In summer it gets to be a little trickery. I have to still moments here and there.

What three authors would we find you reading once you finished writing a book?
This is a hard question, because I like so many. I guess if I had to choose I would say, Kresley Cole, Karen Marie Moning and Laurann Donher. 

If you walked into a store that sold anything and everything, what three things would you put in your shopping cart that would reflect your personality?
 Chocolate, coffee and a book.

When I'm alone, I... write. 
I love pizza with... everything on it except anchovies.
I would never...eat frog legs...because...it just sounds gross.
My secret vice is...coffee.

You can find out more about Virginia at her website, blog or follow her on Facebook, Twitter, or Goodreads.

No comments:

Post a Comment