I know I'm in my own little world, but it's OK.
They know me here...

Translate

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

SERIES: Ellora's Cave author - Camryn Rhys

I've run series on science fiction romance and DownUnder paranormal romance, and the wonderful authors who've been my guests have provided fascinating insights into the genres. They've also given us some great titles to add to our To be Read piles.

So I thought it might be fun to feature another genre I enjoy reading - paranormal erotic romance. Or more specifically, authors who write paranormal erotic romance for Ellora's Cave. :-)

Please welcome my guest...Camryn Rhys.

Camryn Rhys grew up on the border of Canada and the US, and still hasn’t decided which country to call home. She splits her time between the Alberta and Montana Rocky Mountains, with friends and family in both beautiful locations.

After running her own restaurant for several years and acquiring advanced degrees in writing, foodie romance seemed the only logical option. When she’s not watching the Food Network, she’s reading a romance novel, or if absolutely necessary, working as a consultant. Someone has to put really excellent food on the table. 

Title: AIRSHIP SEDUCTION
Publisher: Ellora's Cave

What do you think the readers will like about this book/series?
It's all about Victorian Europe's War on Magic, and there are bad scientists, good warlocks, hot werewolves, and sexy demons. Plus, one man's plot to take over the world. Foiled or unfoiled? Hmmm. So fun! :)

AIRSHIP SEDUCTION

When Victorian Europe declares war on magic, Sacha Camomescro—an Empath demon with an airship—might be the only thing standing between progress and apocalypse.

Sacha Camomescro, an Empath demon with an airship, is rescuing refugees from Victorian Europe’s war on magic when she meets a man unlike any other. Javier Vargas is a lone alpha werewolf, his pack nearly decimated by assassins, his appetite for justice superseded only by his desire for her.

But Sacha’s gift is also her curse. While reading minds is helpful in eluding the assassins sent by Europe for Progress, it cripples her ability to trust men, and enjoy sex, for she can always see the fantasies men have when they’re with her. But Javier has a single-minded focus when it comes to his pursuit, and he wants her.

Just when it seems she can trust him, Sacha’s crew starts getting picked off mid-flight, and it seems there’s a rabid animal at fault. Javier and his lone remaining pack member fall under suspicion, and in the hysteria, Sacha begins to lose control of her mission. Blindsided by passion, she must decide if she can trust the one man who wants her just as she is.

Excerpt here

What themes or tropes appear in your books?
I use food a lot. :) If they're not eating or cooking, they're having sex. I guess I should have them working out more often... 

What is the single, most important thing about writing for you?
That it's consistent. When I get out of the pattern of writing, I get side-tracked and very distracted. But if I write consistently, I do much better, and I tend to keep inside my stories more easily. I'd like to think, also, it's a sign of a professional that your writing is regular. Like a real job. :) 

What new project are you working on now?
I'm working on the sequels to AIRSHIP SEDUCTION, because the story doesn't end at the end of the book. 

How do you balance writing, family and other commitments?
It is definitely not easy. I have a full-time job, I'm an RWA chapter President, I have a delicious chef boyfriend who has a beautiful child, and I try to write in my free time.

It's insane. But the way I make it work is that I spend about ten minutes every morning, and then thirty minutes at the start of every week just planning out how I'm going to get through my to-do list.

Before I get out of bed in the morning, I mentally go through my day and make sure I'm being strategic about my choices. And then every Sunday night, I sit down with my weekly calendar and spend some time dividing up the tasks I need to do.

I generally also budget some time each day for things to "come up" that need tending to. But most of my time is scheduled.

However. That's what allows me to work 60+ hours a week, have a social life, and release eight books in a year (sometimes two in one day!). People ask me all the time how I'm able to do everything I do, and my answer is always "Organization and Multi-Tasking". :)

What three authors would we find you reading once you finished writing a book?
Eden Bradley, Joey W. Hill, and Gail Carriger.  

If you walked into a store that sold anything and everything, what three things would you put in your shopping cart that would reflect your personality?
Florentines, some kind of organizational tool (like a new day planner), and a new coffee mug. :) 

When I'm alone, I... eat Florentines. 

I love pizza with... fruit on it. 

I would never... move to Europe ...because... I am a chicken when it comes to where I live. 

My secret vice is... Caramel. Easily.

You can find out more about Camryn on her website, her blog, the Dirty Birdies blog, or follow her on Twitter or Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment