I know I'm in my own little world, but it's OK.
They know me here...

Translate

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

CONFERENCE TIME: Memorable Moments with...Tamara Gill

With the conference season just around the corner, I begin counting down the days until I meet up with friends I usually only see once a year.

So much gets packed into 3-4 days and everyone's experiences are different. We go away with a variety of highlights or "a-ha" moments.

I thought I'd poll some of my RWAustralia & RW New Zealand friends and ask them to recall their most memorable moments of the conferences they've been to.

Over the coming weeks I'll be featuring these as snippets and as you'll read, you'll see just how special coming to conference can be. For any first timers out there, don't be nervous or afraid of going to conference. More often than not you're going to find yourself welcomed VERY warmly and will probably go away with a host of friends whom you can't wait to meet next year at conference.

Enjoy!

Tamara's Memories: My first romance writer’s conference was the Sydney 2010 Sun Surf and Sizzle held at the Crowne Plaza, Coogee Beach.

I had a fantastic time and enjoyed every second of my time at the conference. I stepped out of my comfort zone for the Friday night Cocktail party and dressed up as a flapper and met so many fantastic people I only knew online. Like many conference attendees you seem to be looking at everyone’s chest reading their name tags. LOL. Trust me I wasn’t looking for anything else. ;p

The seminars were great and I loved the historical panel, could have listened to those authors all day.

Anna Campbell & Tamara Gill
And I lucked out with the awards dinner as I sat next to Annie West, Anna Campbell, Christina Brooke, Heather Boyd, Cheryl Leigh, and Sarah Mayberry. How’s that for cool. And for a country girl from SA I was in awe the whole meal.

I even manage to snaffle a picture with Anna Campbell. Word of warning to Anna, I intend on getting another piccy this year.

Looking forward to meeting up with everyone at the Gold Coast Conference.

I. CAN’T. WAIT!

2 comments:

  1. Hope you have a great time, Kylie. It's great when you get to spend time with like minded people especially as us writers normally follow such a solitary path...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at our Tam with one of my favorites, ANNA!!!!
    Love this.

    Heather Bennett
    Decadent Publishing
    www.decadentpublishing.com

    ReplyDelete