I know I'm in my own little world, but it's OK.
They know me here...

Translate

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

REVIEW over at Not Your Ordinary Book Banter

How wonderful to discover that a book group based at the Bangor Public Library (Maine, USA) had VENGEANCE BORN on their summer reading list.

To top it all off, a lovely person called Jan reviewed it for their Not Your Ordinary Book Banter blog AND ordered a copy of both VENGEANCE BORN and ALLIANCE FORGED for the library!!!

I gave a hoo-rah when I read this snippet in the review.
I came across this author while downloading a bunch of samples to my eReader.  For the record, I have decided that eReader samples are a marvelous thing.  I usually get my first twenty-five pages from a sample, and from there, if the author has intrigued me, I borrow it from the library.  Or, if I just can't wait one more day---I buy the book!


I bought this book.
Then I let loose a squee, for this comment!
For those of you who like books by Nalini Singh, I would recommend you try this author.
And I was grinning like a loon with these closing thoughts.
With that said, there was depth to this story, especially concerning racial prejudice.  I was engrossed by the fantasy world Griffin created.  She formed a believable war between two races fueled by ignorance and prejudices on both sides.  It was an enjoyable read, and in many ways thought provoking---with a happy ending, of course!


Alliance Forged
is the next book in this series.  I have ordered both books for the library's collection.
You can read the review in its entirety here.

2 comments:

  1. I just found all these hits on our NYOBG blog stats page referring back here and I had to pop over and take a look. Your book was a wonderful find, the perfect meld of fantasy and romance. Thank you for such a lovely read. Vengeance Born was just added to our library collection today and practically flew off our new books shelf. :o)
    ~Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jan, I like to blog about wonderful reviews and link to them - so glad you enjoyed reading VENGEANCE BORN and that you blog has received some traffic because of your review! :-)

    ReplyDelete