I know I'm in my own little world, but it's OK.
They know me here...

Translate

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

VALE: Sandra Hyatt & Nora Hansen-Hill

Those who attended the Romance Writers of New Zealand conference were shocked and saddened to hear that two of their own passed away this weekend - Sandra Hyatt, who died in hospital on August 21st; and Nora Hansen-Hill, who'd been fighting illness for some time.

Sandra had "...an undetected cerebral arteriovenous malformation (AVM), which would have been present since birth... the AVM caused a bleed in her brain. Its location and severity made it inoperable." (quotes from a statement issued by Abby Gaines, RWNZ resident to its members 22nd August)

Nora wrote SF/F/paranormal/horror novels under the name of N.D.Hansen-Hill, and romantic prose as Melody Knight.


Sandra Hyatt (1965-2011)

Nora Hansen-Hill (d.2011)
Both Sandra and Nora will be missed by many.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting this Kylie.
    Such a lump in my throat when I see the photos of these two gorgeous women. I didn't know either of them personally, but I'd met Sandra at a Christchurch conference and thought she was wonderful. She was so nervous to talk to the 20 or so of us there which only endeared her to us all the more.

    These two fine examples of all thats great about the romance writing industy will never be forgotten. My condolences to all their family and friends who are doing it so very tough right now : (

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kylie,

    I keep tearing up every time I see a tribute to Sandra. I didn't know Nora, but with Sandra I use to chat on twitter and everywhere.

    Thanks so much for posting this. My heartfelt sympathies to both these ladies families.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a huge loss for the industry and such a shock for the conference attendees in NZ. My heart goes out to all who knew and loved these wonderful women. I know their names will live in our memories forever. May they rest in peace.

    ReplyDelete